All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRemote sensing has witnessed a renaissance as new sensor systems, data collection capabilities and image processing methodologies have expanded the techlogical capabilities of this science into new and important applications areas. Perhaps where has this trend been more evident than in the study of earth environments. Within this broad application area remote sensing has proven to be an invaluable asset supporting timely data gathering at a range of syptic scales, facilitating the mapping of complex landscapes and promoting the analysis of environmental process. Yet remote sensing's contribution to the study of human/environmental interaction is scattered throughout a rich and diverse literature spanning the social and physical sciences, which frustrates access to, and the sharing of the kwledge gained through, these recent advances, and inhibits the operational use of these methods and techniques in day to day environmental practice, a recognized gap that reduces the effectiveness of environmental management programs. The objective of this book is to address this gap and provide the synthesis of method and application that is currently missing in the environmental science, re-introducing remote sensing as an important decision-support techlogy.
- Author(s)James K. Lein
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication17/09/2011
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight684 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2012
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.