All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe environmental field is deep and wide. In the tsunami of information, how can people dig deeper to understand underlying causes of what they hear about the environment from newspapers and TV? The book was originally published in Japanese, aiming at providing basic information about the thoughts and methods to see and understand the interconnection between nature and human activities from a systematic viewpoint. Then the author prepared an English version of the same material to use it as a textbook for the Global Environmental Leaders Program at Nagoya University where the author taught many students coming from Asia and Europe. The book covers diverse environmental issues such as climatic change, biodiversity conservation, energy saving and resource recycling, while readers can learn common analytical and thinking methods to identify the core essence of ecomic and ecological interdependence, look at problems from overarching perspective and consider countermeasures to be taken.
- Author BiographyDr. Hidefumi Imura, Emeritus Professor, Nagoya University After Hidefumi Imura received his doctoral degree (1974) in applied physics at the University of Tokyo, he joined the Japan Environment Agency and subsequently worked for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Yokohama Municipal Government. After 14 years of being engaged in environmental policymaking in national, international, and local institutions, Dr. Imura moved to Kyushu University in 1988, where he was a professor at the Institute of Environmental Systems until August 2000. From September 2000 until 2011, he was a professor at Nagoya University, moving to Yokohama City University in 2011. Dr. Imura has a wide range of expertise covering domestic and international environmental policy issues, environmental technologies, economics, and information on Japan, China, and other East Asian countries. His research focuses on energy and material flow analysis of human activities in cities, life-cycle assessment of civil infrastructures, and modeling of human and environmental interactions. Dr. Imura served as a lead author of Working Group III of the Third Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
- Author(s)Imura Hidefumi
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Japan
- Date of Publication23/01/2013
- LanguageEnglish & Japanese
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationTokyo
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Japan
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 22 colour illustrations, 4 black & white tables, biography
- Weight311 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.