All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEcomic policies required to reduce carbon dioxide emissions are examined in this book, with the likely impact of environment taxes on income distribution explored. A tax on domestic fuel and power and a carbon tax is considered as the authors present for consideration a system that would be fair to all members of society. This theory is analysed, offering the direct and indirect effects of such a tax on a population. The welfare effects are also estimated for a variety of income groups. The inequalities and social welfare measurements are evaluated as the authors consider whether these distribution effects can be overcome by adjusting transfer payments to compensate lower income groups. This study examines environmental taxes in Australia with methods that could be applied in other countries.
- Author(s)Antonia Cornwell,John Creedy
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication26/06/1997
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleNew Horizons in Environmental Economics Series
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content Notefigs.tabs.
- Weight471 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.