Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionSoutheast Asia is a laboratory showing current world-wide ecological issues. Environmental change, natural resource exploitation as well as global climate change increasingly threaten people's livelihoods. Environmentally-based uncertainties foster a high level of kwledge uncertainty. This poses a constantly growing threat to agricultural production. Vulnerable communities with a low degree of resilience are most severely affected. But local communities have abilities to invate and develop locally embedded coping strategies. The contributors of this volume are most interested in environmental change that fosters kwledge uncertainties. Regions discussed include the Mekong Delta in Vietnam, Moluccas, Central Kalimantan, West Sumatra and South Sulawesi in Indonesia and Tangail Region in Bangladesh.
- Author BiographyAnna-Katharina Hornidge (Dr.) is a sociologist and currently Senior Researcher at the Center of Development Research, Bonn University, Germany. Christoph Antweiler (Prof. Dr.) is an anthropologist and head of the Southeast Asia Department at the Institute for Oriental and Asian Studies, Bonn University, Germany.
- PublisherTranscript Verlag
- Date of Publication15/07/2010
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintTranscript Verlag
- Content Note43 b/w illus
- Weight452 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byAnna-Katharina Hornidge,Christoph Antweiler
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.