Environmental and Animal Rights Extremism, Terrorism, and National Security by Elzbieta Posluszna (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $53.11Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $90.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs concerns about human treatment of the environment and animals have increased over the years, so have decentralized and extremist groups related to these causes. Environmental and Animal Rights Extremism, Terrorism, and National Security analyzes the international development of radical movements relating to environmental concerns and animal rights in the context of the threats they pose to national security. In addition to tracing the factors responsible for the rapid growth of these movements over the last 25 years, this text presents countermeasures that governments can deploy to neutralize the risk posed by these threats w and in the future. Bringing to bear new developments such as cyber activity and online activism, Environmental and Animal Rights Extremism, Terrorism, and National Security offers an examination of the direct and indirect violence, lone-wolf terrorism, and leaderless resistance that have characterized these radical wings from their inception. By t only identifying the tactics and organizational structures often employed by these groups, but also addressing future trends toward increased radicalization, Environmental and Animal Rights Extremism, Terrorism, and National Security is an important resource for identifying, anticipating, and mitigating threats posed by such movements. * Describes the psychological, social, and organizational mechanisms responsible for the functioning of the extremist wings of the interconnected environmental and animal rights movements in the context of national security* Identifies the main tactical and organizational ways these movements develop, moving from hierarchical organization to network structures, leaderless resistance, and lone-wolf activities* Covers radical environmental and animal rights groups, including Earth First!, Animal Liberation Front, Earth Liberation Front, Animal Rights Militia, and the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society* Looks to future trends in radicalization of these movements
- Author BiographyElzbieta Posluszna is an Assistant Professor of Social Sciences at the Warsaw University of Life Sciences. She received her PhD from the Institute of Philosophy and Sociology of the Polish Academy of Sciences. In 2014 she obtained the habilitation degree at the Faculty of Command and Naval Operations of the Polish Naval Academy in Gdynia. Her academic publications involve issues related to terrorism, extremism, and radicalism.
- Author(s)Elzbieta Posluszna
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication23/01/2015
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.