All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnvironmentalism - defined here as activism aimed at protecting the environment or improving its condition - is undergoing significant change in the United States. Under attack from the current administration and direct questioning from its own ranks, environmentalism in the US is at a crossroads. This special issue will explore the changing patterns of and challenges to environmentalism in the contemporary US. More specifically, it will examine the following dynamics: * the re-conceptualisation of core ideas and strategies defining US environmentalism; * questions of identity and relations with other advocacy groups (including labour, global justice and women's groups); * institutional change (especially the shift away from regulatory policies and approaches); * the expanding arenas of activism, to both above and below the state; * environmentalists' response to Bush administration policies and priorities. This book was previously published as a special issue of Environmental Politics.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Bomberg is Senior Lecturer in Politics and the University of Edinburgh. David Schlosberg is Professor of Political Science at Northern Arizona University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/09/2008
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byDavid Schlosberg,Elizabeth Bomberg
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.