All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
About this product
- DescriptionEnvironmentalists tells the stories of Americans, including the author, most of them from the nation's rural interior. They are people trying to protect something that means a lot to them - perhaps a place, a livelihood, or a conception of justice. In the years to come, environmental issues will play an even bigger part on the national stage. It helps us to better understand what these environmentalists want, and why they think and act like they do. This book takes America's environment out of the culture wars and shows how it connects to values that all Americans hold in common.
- Author BiographySteven D. Paulson grew up in Rapid City, South Dakota. His father - a house painter and wallpaperer - had moved there to find work when Steve was ten years old. For several years after college, Steve volunteered for two environmental organizations in the Black Hills. He helped organize local support for wilderness protection of Harney Peak and the Badlands, and fought plans for uranium mining in the Black Hills. During that time, he met artist Candace Forrette. They were married in 1980 during an intense Black Hills snowstorm. Steve and Candace went off to graduate school at Utah State University, both working as teaching assistants. Steve focused on natural resource policy; his master's thesis was titled State Mineral Tax Policy: The Function of Goals and Revenue Allocation. After working in private business for several years, Steve went to work in 1992 for the Northern Plains Resource Council in Billings, Montana. He continues this work today. Along the way, he's had the privilege of getting to know and work with people whose property, livelihoods, and families have been jeopardized by energy development projects. These and other people - defending the values they believe in for their families, their communities, and their country - inspired much of the book Environmentalists.
- Author(s)Steven D Paulson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication21/01/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.