All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.72
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionThere are huge challenges facing the library and information science profession owing to the rapidly changing environment in which it exists. Librarians need to be 'blended professionals' who can take all their professional skills and experience, and adapt them to different business models, strategic challenges and communities of practice. This topical edited collection will stimulate strategic and invative thinking and question the status quo. It will be a 'must read' for leaders and future leaders of the profession, who will be challenged to align library services with the changing demands of the academic community and the work environment. Edited by a thought leader with an international reputation, it will bring together rewned authors from across the globe who are breaking traditional moulds and boundaries in a way that will have a profound impact on the way libraries and library services are conceptualized in the years to come. They represent the key links in the kwledge chain: authors, publishers, academics, community kwledge creators, librarians and institutions. The five most compelling messages the book will contain are: * Engage in and support elearning and social networking * Be involved in institutional kwledge and information management strategies * Support students and academic staff in the virtual learning space as well as in the library and on the web * Be prepared to acquire, manage and make accessible information that is t traditionally the province of the library * New paradigms for leadership will be necessary. Readership: This book is essential reading for all library managers and educators who wish to add real value to their organization by thinking strategically and informing decision making at organizational level. It will also be of great value to academic administrators and government policy analysts involved with learning and teaching.
- Author BiographySue McKnight is Professor of Knowledge and Learning Management and Director, Libraries and Knowledge Resources, at Nottingham Trent University, and is a UK National teaching Fellow.
- PublisherFacet Publishing
- Date of Publication20/04/2010
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFacet Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight417 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited bySue McKnight
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.