All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
About this product
- DescriptionThe evidence is increasingly persuasive. We are changing the way our planet's physical systems work-irrevocably. These changes are global and interconnected and unavoidable. They are upon us already, making it virtually impossible for any modern society to continue its present trajectory of growth. This book provides a penetrating analysis of how we have come to this point, of why science and techlogy will fail to solve these problems, and of how we as a society must change in order to avoid ecological catastrophe. The scope is broad, the urgency of the message is impossible to igre.
- Author BiographyLester W. Milbrath is the Director of the Research Program in Environment and Society and Professor of Political Science and Sociology at the State University of New York at Buffalo. He is the author of The Washington Lobbyists, Political Participation, The Politics of Environmental Policy, and Environmentalists: Vanguard for a New Society.
- Author(s)Lester W. Milbrath
- PublisherState University of New York Press
- Date of Publication01/11/1989
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleSUNY Series in Environmental Public Policy
- Place of PublicationAlbany, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintState University of New York Press
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight553 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.