All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAntibody-directed enzyme prodrug therapy (ADEPT) directly addresses the major problem in cancer chemotherapy - its lack of selectivity. Antibody delivery combined with the amplification provided by the enzymatic activation of prodrugs enables selection to be made between tumour and rmal tissue. ADEPT offers a vel field of opportunities in the therapy of systemic cancer and may be a major advance for the treatment of solid tumours. This book is the first to describe ADEPT in detail. Each chapter reviews an aspect of the immulogy, enzymology, biochemistry, chemistry, and cancer chemotherapy which have been integrated into the ADEPT concept. An additional chapter describes the related approach of gene-directed enzyme prodrug therapy (GDEPT). This latter approach is still in its infancy but ADEPT has entered the clinic. The initial clinical studies with ADEPT are included and discussed in detail.
- PublisherSpringer Science+Business Media
- Date of Publication31/01/1999
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlenum Publishing Co.,N.Y.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1250 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byRichard J. Knox,Roger G. Melton
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.