All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis fascinating memoir by an English travel writer recaptures scenes from the Middle East of nearly two centuries ago. A. W. Kinglake recounts his 1834-35 trip through the Balkans, Turkey, Cyprus, Syria, and Palestine. Rather than dwelling on art or monuments, the captivating narrative focuses on the natives and their cities.
- Author BiographyAlexander William Kinglake (1809-91) was an English travel writer and Member of Parliament. He wrote an in-depth account of the Crimean War but is best remembered for this work, an account of his 1834-35 trip to the Balkans, Turkey, Cyprus, Syria, and Palestine.
- Author(s)Alexander William Kinglake
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication24/04/2015
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight181 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.