All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwo years after publishing the very first book about the world's new electronic passport 'ePassport', the authors Joran Beel, Bela Gipp, and Ivo Rossling publish a completely overworked version of their book in English. The new book 'ePassport: The World's New Eletronic Passport' describes the basic details of the ePassport, gives a thorough overview of its technical specifications and then provides an in-depth analysis considering both, chances and risks of the new techlogy. Beside the explanation and analysis of eletronic passports in general the introduction of the ePassport in Germany is considered in particular. Former IBM Manager and biometric expert Henning Arendt recommends the book to all those who as mature citizens of any country introducing the ePassport, feel a need for reading up on this topic, but specifically to all those persons responsible for the next stages of the ePassport.
- Author BiographyJoran Beel, Bela Gipp, and Ivo Rossling are researchers at Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Germany, doing their PhDs in computer science and business. Their previous university studies focused on IT security, biometric application systems and theoretical computer science, respectively. For their previous scientific work the authors received several honours. For instance, by the Heinz and Gisela Friedrichs Foundation for extraordinary achievements in the field of technology development and by former Federal Chancellor Gerhard Schroder for outstanding scientific achievements. Following an invitation by Federal Minister for Education and Research, Edelgard Bulmahn, the authors presented their research results at the Hannover Messe 2003. The authors also exhibit several years' professional experience and have cooperated with reputable firms such as Siemens and AOK. In addition, Bela Gipp works for the Working Group ISO/IEC JTC1/SC17/WG8, which is currently engaged in the standardisation of RFID technology.
- Author(s)Bela Gipp,Ivo R Ssling,Ivo Rossling,J Ran Beel,Joran Beel
- Date of Publication02/10/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.