All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionT. R. Hummer's new and characteristically pyrotechnic collection takes its title from the rare (in English) singular form of the common word ephemera. In a work of startling originality, the poet presents a meditation on ephemerality from the point of view of the ephemeron itself as it passes, be it the individual, the atom, the particle. Hummer's work is existential and atemporal. The scope of the poems gradually broadens from the opening section, also called Ephemeron, through Either/Or, which is a fulcrum, on to plural Ephemera. The vision that emerges is haunting, evoking the aftermath of a physical, psychological, and spiritual apocalypse. Relentless in its stalking of the boundary between being and nbeing, Ephemeron becomes a tour-de-force that shines a spotlight into dark corners of Being, revealing yet more darkness.
- Author BiographyT. R. Hummer is the author of nine books of poetry, including The Infinity Sessions and Bluegrass Wasteland: Selected Poems. He has been editor of Kenyon Review, New England Review, and Georgia Review. A native of Mississippi and longtime devotee and practitioner of jazz, he lives in Phoenix, where he teaches creative writing at Arizona State University.
- Author(s)T R Hummer
- PublisherLSU Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleSouthern Messenger Poets
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLSU Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight132 g
- Width162 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.