Epidemiological Studies: A Practical Guide by Alan J. Silman, Gary J. Macfarlane (Paperback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $56.33Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $88.23Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing on in the footsteps of its acclaimed and popular predecessor, this new edition builds on the successful features that engaged readers of the first edition: it explains the principles and practice of epidemiology and serves as a handbook for those who wish to do epidemiology; it uses relevant exercises and examples, taken from real life, to illustrate how to set up a study; it aims to help produce valid results that will satisfy grant bodies, ethical committees and journal editors; ultimately it bridges the gap between theory and practice. By making the subject so easily accessible, it will be an excellent introduction for anyone who is training in epidemiology and public health, and for all those involved in medical research. This edition includes numerous improvements and several new chapters which will further enhance its appeal.
- Author BiographyProfessor Silman is Director of the internationally renowned Arthritis Research Campaign's Epidemiology Research Unit and has considerable expertise in all aspects of epidemiological studies. He has achieved worldwide recognition in this field, has published over 300 papers and lectured widely. In addition he has taught on several courses on epidemiological methods and analysis both for those starting out research and those at a more advanced level. He is currently Vice Chairman of the Epidemiology and Health Sciences Research sub-panel for the United Kingdom's University research assessment exercise. DOB: 4.12.51. Professor Macfarlane holds the Chair in Epidemiology within the School of Epidemiology and Health Sciences at the University of Manchester. He was previously Senior Lecturer within the Arthritis Research Campaign's Epidemiology Unit also at the University of Manchester and Deputy Director of the Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics at the European Institute of Oncology in Milan. He has authored approximately 100 peer-reviewed scientific articles, book chapters and reviews. He has lectured widely on Chronic Disease Epidemiology and taught on several courses.
- Author(s)Alan J. Silman,Gary J. Macfarlane
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/06/2002
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note20 b/w illus. 20 tables 20 exercises
- Weight410 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.