All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEpilepsy is the most common neurologic disorder in children, adults and the elderly. The Epilepsy Foundation estimates that over 2.7 million people in the U.S have Epilepsy, and an additional 181,000 new cases are diagsed each year. Despite these numbers, Epilepsy is often misunderstood. Individuals diagsed with Epilepsy face many difficulties and lifestyle changes. A proper understanding of Epilepsy is a vital first step toward managing this disease and maintaining a rmal life. Epilepsy: A Guide to Balancing Your Life is an excellent resource for individuals who are diagsed with Epilepsy. Sponsored by the American Academy of Neurology, it contains practical and reliable information written in layman's terms. Filled with helpful tables and illustrations, this guide will answer commonly asked questions about Epilepsy, explain how it is diagsed and treated both with medications and other treatment options. It also discusses:* Diet* Epilepsy and pregnancy* Sports and Epilepsy* Surgical treatment* The effects of Epilepsy in different age groups* And much more!Epilepsy: A Guide to Balancing Your Life is essential reading for all people with Epilepsy seeking a better quality of life, and for family members and caregivers needing a better understanding of this condition.
- Author BiographyIlo E. Leppik, MD, is Professor of Pharmacy and Adjunct Professor of Neurology at the University of Minnesota.
- Author(s)Ilo E. Leppik
- PublisherDemos Medical Publishing
- Date of Publication31/08/2006
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDemos Medical Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.