Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe election of a new bishop was a defining moment for local Christian communities in Late Antiquity. This volume contributes to a reassessment of the phemen of episcopal elections from the broadest possible perspective, examining the varied combination of factors, personalities, rules and habits that played a role in the process. Building on the state of the art regarding late antique bishops and episcopal election, this interdisciplinary volume of collected studies by leading scholars offers fresh perspectives by focussing on specific case-studies and opening up new approaches.
- Author BiographyJohan Leemans, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium; Peter Van Nuffelen, University of Ghent, Belgium; Shawn W. J. Keough, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium; Carla Nicolaye, RWTH Aachen University, Germany.
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication18/07/2011
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleArbeiten zur Kirchengeschichte
- Series Part/Volume Number119
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1009 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byCarla Nicolaye,Johan Leemans,Prof. Dr. Peter van Nuffelen,Shawn W. J. Keough
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.