All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA number of important recent studies of the social and religious context of first century Philippi are here considered with the author offering a critical engagement with several of the newer approaches to Pauline interpretation, including questions of rhetoric and social convention. Theological highlights include themes of Christian joy in all circumstances, the Philippians active stake-holding partnership in the Gospel, and above all the pervasive passion for union with Christ in following his self-humbling example of service. Giving due attention to both the theological heritage of St Paul's Jewish background and to the Graeco-Roman social and religious setting of his readership, this commentary relates a well grounded understanding of the letter's first century impact to the wider concerns of Christian theology.
- Author BiographyMarcus Bockmuehl is a well respected author and theologian currently at Cambridge University.
- Author(s)Markus Bockmuehl
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication08/06/2006
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Note2 b&w illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.