All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat are the experiences of children and young people? How can we think about the challenges they face? What systems and practices can support them? How can we develop greater equality, participation and inclusion across diverse settings? This second edition of Equality, Participation and Inclusion 1: Diverse Perspectives is the first of two Readers aimed at people with an interest in issues of equality, participation and inclusion for children and young people. This first Reader focuses in particular on the diverse perspectives held by different practitioners and stakeholders. Comprising readings taken from the latest research in journal articles, newly commissioned chapters, as well as several chapters from the first edition that retain particular relevance, this fully updated second edition has broadened its focus to consider a greater diversity of perspectives. Whilst exploring how we think about the experiences of children and young people across a range of contexts it maintains a subtle, underlying emphasis upon education and the experiences of disabled people. Drawing on the writing of academics, practitioners, children and young people, and people who have experienced exclusion, this book is a rich resource for students and practitioners who are interested in thinking about how inequality and exclusion are experienced, and how they can be challenged. Much of the material reflects on lived experiences and life stories, and will be of particular interest to those working in education, health, youth and community work, youth justice and social services, as well as to families and advocates.
- Author BiographyJonathan Rix is Senior Lecturer in inclusion, curriculum and learning at The Open University, UK. Melanie Nind is Professor of Education at Southampton University, UK. Kieron Sheehy is Senior Lecturer at the Centre for Childhood Development at The Open University, UK. Katy Simmons is a Lecturer in inclusive and special education in the Centre for Curriculum and Teaching Studies at The Open University, UK. Christopher Walsh is a Senior Lecturer in educational ICT and professional development at The Open University, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/11/2010
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables, 9 black & white halftones, 4 black & white line drawings
- Weight703 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byChristopher Walsh,Jon Rix,Katy Simmons,Kieron Sheehy,Melanie Nind
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.