All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe practice of Nicholas Grimshaw & Partners has come to international prominence and rewn, having built upon its reputation for structural, industrial and technical experimentation and finesse in the 1980s and 90s. This book examines the fascinating phase of their recent work from the late 1990s to the end of the twentieth century, when the practice expanded to design diverse building types. By the dawn of the new millennium, the practice has completed some of its most exciting and diverse work: the Eden Project in Cornwall, Ludwig Erhard Haus in Berlin, the Orange Call Centre in Darlington, the National Space Science Centre in Leicester and the redevelopment of Paddington Station. Hugh Pearman describes the structure of the buildings, how they are used and experienced and how they respond to their environment. An introductory essay explores the development of the practice from the early 1990s to its present finely balanced and refined state. Introductions to all 17 projects are written by Nicholas Grimshaw himself; a lecture by the architect gives a deep insight into his thinking and methodology; and an interview with Grimshaw provides a vivid exploration of the person behind the practice.
- Author BiographyHugh Pearman is a London-based writer, broadcaster and lecturer. He has been architecture and design critic for The Sunday Times since 1986 and contributes to numerous other newspapers, magazines and journals worldwide. He is also author of Contemporary World Architecture (Phaidon, 1998).
- Author(s)Hugh Pearman
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication26/06/2000
- Series TitleNicholas Grimshaw & Partners
- Series Part/Volume NumberVol 3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Note250 colour and 100 b&w illustrations, list, bibliography
- Weight1683 g
- Width250 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.