Equipose: A Union of Natural Horsemanship and Yoga by Priscilla Howard, Theresa Norris (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.67Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $34.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEquipose A natural union of Yoga and Horsemanship Theresa Norris and Priscilla Howard became friends through natural horsemanship. Over the years they examined how their physical, emotional, mental and spiritual body affected their relationship with their equine partner. Theresa and Priscilla practice yoga to balance their bodies for their well being. An idea formed of how yoga could be infused with natural horsemanship. They observed a natural connection between riding horses and practicing yoga. Yoga taught them how to be their authentic selves and slow down to live in the moment. Realizing that horses as prey animals are sensitive to a person's present state of being it directly correlated to how they interacted together. Excited about the idea they created simulated horses to develop eighteen basic poses in a seated position that would benefit the equestrian and the general public. They felt how their body within a pose mirrored how to move with their horse while riding. Theresa and Priscilla studied how the poses practiced on their horse affected their communication and riding abilities. Interestingly they sensed how yoga was relaxing for both horse and rider. They ticed that when their whole body was balanced their performance heightened. They felt a desire to share how the poses can deepen the relationship within you and with your horse. Theresa and Priscilla called the yoga- style poses Equipose written as a comprehensive guide to living to the fullest with your equine partner. Practicing yoga in this style is a gratifying experience whether you own a horse or t. An Equipose session can be practiced with your equine partner or on a simulated horse. The program is designed to empower you with how to implement Equipose to benefit you. The positive outcomes of practicing Equipose include supporting your overall well being, revealing your total authentic self, supporting your ground work and riding skills, releasing stress, tension and tight muscles, improving your range of flexibility, building core strength for better balance, facilitating your breath to feel centered, and focusing yourself awareness. Practicing Equipose offers you a feeling of peace that will flow into the rest of your life. One of the greatest aspects of Equipose is that it facilitates undemanding time to spend with your horse to balance your total self. It teaches your horse when mounted that you do t always desire to work on riding in turn they learn how to read your intentions. Horses become more willing to develop a relationship with you because you're t in a demanding let's get to it state of being. Equipose can supplement your equine routine to establish balance in the mind, body and spirit. It will open your heart to the connection between you and your horse. Equipose reinforces the rewarding feeling of engaging with the awesome spirit of a horse.
- Author(s)Priscilla Howard,Theresa Norris
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication09/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.