All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe international bestselling series with over 5 million copies sold in the U.S. alone !What does it mean to earn the Silver Oakleaf? So few men have done so. For Will, a mere boy, that symbol of hor has long felt out of reach. Now, in the wake of Araluen's uneasy truce with the raiding Skandians comes word that the Skandian leader has been captured by a dangerous desert tribe. The Rangers are sent to free him. But the desert is like thing these warriors have seen before. Strangers in a strange land, they are brutalized by sandstorms, beaten by the unrelenting heat, tricked by one tribe that plays by its own rules, and surprisingly befriended by ather. Like a desert mirage, thing is as it seems. Yet one thing is constant: the bravery of the Rangers.In this red-hot adventure, winner of the Australian Book of the Year Award for Older Children, John Flanagan raises the stakes on the series that has already sold millions of copies worldwide.Perfect for fans of J.R.R. Tolkien s Lord of the Rings, T.H. White s The Sword in the Stone, Christopher Paolini s Eragon series, and George R. R. Martin s Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire series.
- Author BiographyJohn Flanagan grew up in Sydney, Australia, hoping to be a writer. John began writing Ranger s Apprentice for his son, Michael, ten years ago, and is still hard at work on the series and its spinoff, Brotherband Chronicles. He currently lives in the suburb of Manly, Australia, with his wife. In addition to their son, they have two grown daughters and four grandsons.
- Author(s)John Flanagan
- PublisherPhilomel Books
- Date of Publication05/01/2010
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleRanger's Apprentice
- Series Part/Volume Number07
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPhilomel Books
- Weight585 g
- Width167 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.