All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a research-based text that provides readers with established principles and concepts in ergomics and shows how these can be applied to contemporary problems in sport and other physical activities. It is unique in that this text is the only one in this area of ergomic application. The reader is provided with information on how ergomics can be used to improve physical performance and enhance safety. The physical properties of the body and the factors limiting performance are considered. Injury risk factors are identified in relation to body mechanics within different physical activities and the interactions between the individual, the task and the environment are analysed. There is emphasis on injury prevention with particular reference to sports equipment and sports environmental concerns and so this is a must read for those interested in improved performance, greater efficiency and fewer injuries in sport and exercise.
- Author BiographyThomas Reilly was Professor of Sports Science and Director of the Research Institute for Sport and Exercise Sciences at Liverpool John Moores University. Reilly held a B.A. degree from University College, Dublin, a postgraduate Diploma from St Mary's College (Strawberry Hill), an MSc. from the Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine, (London), (1971), PhD. from the Council for National Academic Awards, (1975) and DSc. from Liverpool John Moores University, (1998). His professional awards included Fellowship of the Institute of Biology; fellow of the Ergonomics Society and the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences. He authored or edited 36 books and over 600 research publications, including a number of reviews.
- Author(s)Thomas Reilly
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/12/2009
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2007
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note50 black & white illustrations, 31 black & white halftones
- Weight794 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.