Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionPeter Steele brings a self-effacing narrator to life by talking to family and friends and by looking thr ough hundreds of very personal letters written over five dec ades. '
- Author BiographyPeter Steele, mountaineer, skier and Yukon doctor, followed his ebullient hero around Europe and into the still remote barren lands that he put on the map. Author of the Medical Handbook for Walkers and Climbers, he also wrote Eric Shipton: Everest and Beyond, a life of the mountain explorer, which won the 1998 Boardman Tasker Prize for Mountain Literature.
- PrizesWinner of Boardman Tasker Memorial Award 1998.
- Author(s)Peter Steele
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication29/03/1999
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintConstable and Robinson
- Content Note8 pages of black and white illustrations and 12 maps
- Weight460 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Foreword bySir Edmund Hillary
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.