All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDuring his distinguished academic career, Eric Voegelin was described as the most important philosopher of history and consciousness since Toynbee; similarly, Voegelin has been interpreted by his critics using virtually every ideological label available: fascist, communist, liberal, conservative, existentialist, fideist, socialist, reactionary, Jew, Catholic, and Protestant. With startling new insights into the theoretical foundations of Voegelin's writings, Heilke's gripping analysis and compelling conclusions demonstrate how his subject was primarily a philosopher in quest of reality, and why ideological category can grasp the core of such an intellectual journey.
- Author BiographyThomas W. Heilke is associate professor in the Political Science Department and is the Director of Graduate Studies at the University of Kansas.
- Author(s)Thomas W. Heilke
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication22/07/1999
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Series Title20th Century Political Thinkers
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight276 g
- Width149 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.