All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionShortly after midnight on the 21st January 1950, the man kwn to his readers as George Orwell and to his new bride Sonia, as Eric Arthur Blair, breathes his last in a small side ward of the University College Hospital. Beside his bed, his bags are packed for a trip to Switzerland. He is alone and afraid. Shortly after midnight on the 21st January 20--, in a country with 4.2 million CCTV devices - one for every 14 people in the country, a security camera captures a homeless tramp with a high forehead and thin moustache, dying of hypothermia in an alley beside an Islington pub on a swy winter night. As his dying breath vaporizes in the freezing air, he grows cold. The warm vapour of his final exhalation travels upwards to dissipate in the atmosphere, but instead, coalesces and descends again to the cold blue lips of the man lying in the alley. He takes a breath and the tramp's body warms as a new occupant moves in. Eric is awake.
- Author BiographyDom Shaw began his media career at 21 by winning the Grierson Award for Best Documentary in 1982 for co-directing the seminal post-punk documentary 'Rough Cut & Ready Dubbed'. After a few years directing music documentaries for the fledgling Channel 4, he started scriptwriting for television. In a varied career behind the camera, he has written for peak time series on the BBC and ITV networks in the UK. 'Eric is Awake' is his first novel.
- Author(s)Dom Shaw
- PublisherAnonymous Press
- Date of Publication25/06/2013
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnonymous Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width125 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Dominic Thackray
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.