All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionComposer Erik Satie (1866 1925) exercised a profound effect on twentieth-century music. His invative harmonies, freedom of form, and mastery of musical understatement influenced a diverse company of modern masters, ranging from Debussy and Ravel to Milhaud, Poulenc, and Cage. This is a facsimile of an extremely rare collection of the French master's brilliant thumbnail sketches both musical and verbal of various outdoor sports and amusements.Satie created these pieces to accompany an album of charming, sophisticated drawings by Charles Martin, a well-kwn illustrator of the day. The composer also added droll verbal commentaries and inscribed both words and music in an exquisite calligraphic hand. Published in the 1920s in a limited edition, the album is very scarce today. This modestly priced edition of a rare treasure features black-and-white illustrations and English translations of Satie's eccentric verbal tations.
- Author BiographyFrench composer Erik Satie (1866 1925) exercised a profound effect on 20th-century music, creatinginnovative harmonies with a freedom of form and mastery of musical understatement that influencedmodern masters from Debussyand Ravel to Milhaud, Poulenc, and Cage.
- Author(s)Charles Martin,Classical Piano Sheet Music,Erik Satie
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/07/1988
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight179 g
- Width302 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine4 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.