Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe present is shaped by kwledge that has been handed down from previous times and by a creative use of tradition. Vice versa, tradition is shaped by the present, by modern protagonists and their diverse interests. This may be well viewed in African history. Since colonial times various versions of the past have vied for recognition: Social, political, cultural and religious groups created their own strains of memory in which they transferred kwledge from the past to the present, thereby reformulating and refitting it. This edited volume traces these memories of the 20th century in Africa and elucidates various practices of recollection. It shows how continuities were preserved throughout colonial times and national states; how social protagonists competed with each other in the process of remembering and the development of the future; how kwledge was generated in the diverse contexts; and how the future was conceived within the remembering process. This text is in German.
- Author(s)Winfried Speitkamp
- PublisherV&R unipress GmbH
- Date of Publication31/12/2008
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleFormen Der Erinnerung
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 38
- Place of PublicationGottingen
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintV&R unipress GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight408 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.