All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionErnst Cassirer was professor in Goteborg from 1935 to 1941. This episode of his life is little kwn, even though the Swedish years were very important. During that time of political turmoil he wrote several books and most of the papers that are w being published posthumously. This book -- based on recently discovered sources -- gives a detailed picture of Cassirer's life and work in Sweden. It explains how he was invited to Sweden and why he became a Swedish citizen. The analyses show how Cassirer's exchange with Swedish philosophers influenced his work and shed new light on his development during exile. This study also contains an introduction by John Michael Krois, a chrology of the Swedish years and a description of the long lost manuscript of Das Erkenntnisproblem, volume four.
- Author BiographyThe Authors: Jonas Hansson, born in 1967, is Lecturer in the History of Science and Ideas at the universities of Lund and Halmstad. Svante Nordin, born in 1946, is Professor of the History of Science and Ideas at the University of Lund.
- Author(s)Jonas Hansson,Svante Nordin
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight390 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.24
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.44
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.