All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of 1997 Carl Sandburg Award On May 21, 1991, University of Chicago professor Ioan Culianu was murdered execution-style on campus. The crime stunned the school, terrified students, and mystified the FBI. The case remains unsolved. In Eros, Magic, and the Murder of Professor Culianu, award-winning investigative reporter Ted Anton shows that the murder is what Culianu's friends suspected all along: the first political assassination of a professor on American soil.
- Author BiographyTed Anton is an associate professor of nonfiction writing in the English department at DePaul University. His book, Eros, Magic, and the Murder of Professor Culianu (1996) received the Carl Sandburg Award for Nonfiction from the Friends of the Chicago Public Library and was an Investigative Reporters and Editors National Book Award finalist. Anton was the co-editor of The New Science Journalists (1995). His magazine work, for The Sciences, Publishers Weekly, Lingua Franca, Chicago, the Chicago Tribune, and other publications, has been cited three consecutive times in Best American Essays and was nominated for a National Magazine Award in Reporting in 1993. A former Fulbright Research Fellow, Anton speaks about science on radio and to university and industry groups.
- Author(s)Ted Anton
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2013
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Weight458 g
- Width140 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.