All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe liberating underground comix of the 1960s heralded an explosion in the genre of erotic comics, and this volume picks up the story to show how European, American and Asian artists have explored the graphic possibilities of the form in the years since. Well-kwn names covered include Melinda Gebbie, Giovanna Casotto (whose work graces the cover), Tom of Finland and Milo Manara. This provocative title covers the erotic comics explosion in the mid-80s; the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender comics scene; UK and European comics creators since the 70s; and, Japanese hentai. The book features an exclusive foreword by Alan Moore, multi-award-winning writer of Watchmen , V for Vendetta and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen .
- Author BiographyTim Pilcher is a comic book expert, historian, journalist, and lecturer. He has worked as an assistant editor at DC Comics Vertigo imprint, and has written comic strips for the BBC, De Agostini, and the Young Telegraph. He was also associate editor of Comics International and has written numerous books on comics including the Complete Cartooning Course and The Essential Guide to World Comics with Brad Brooks, and Erotic Comics: A Graphic History Volumes 1 & 2. He is a co-founder and current Chair of the Comic Book Alliance, The Voice of the British comics industry .
- Author(s)Alan Moore,Tim Pilcher
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication03/10/2011
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLewes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight760 g
- Width249 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.