All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionText in English & German. Uwe Ommer was born in 1943 in Bergisch Gladbach, Germany. He won the German youth prize for photography in 1962 and since then has lived in Paris. Here he worked as assistant to Jean Pierre Ronzel, the famous photographer. Since the 1970s, Uwe Ommer has become one of the world's most sought-after commercial photographers, working for Charles Jourdan (who produced the most expensive shoes of the 70s and 80s). His aesthetic nudes have been published in Lui , Esquire , Zoom and Photographie magazines. Many books such as Black Ladies , Exotic , Asian Ladies , Do it Yourself as well as the Pirelli Calendar have made his exotic, erotic photographs especially popular. The volume called 1000 Families contained photos by Ommer of families from all over the world, each taken in front of a neutral, white background. In 2002, Uwe Ommer received a lifetime achievement award from the Royal Photographic Society. The large-format book entitled 50 Years of Erotic Photography presents t only some of his more famous photos, but also several previously unpublished works, all selected from the rich back catalogue of this master of erotic photography.
- Author BiographyUwe Ommer initially worked as a photographer's assistant before opening his own photography studio, primarily shooting fashion and advertising photos. Quickly gaining respect for his work in Paris, Ommer began showing in local galleries and eventually published his first book, Photoedition Uwe Ommer, in 1979, a collection of personal and advertising works. In 2002, Uwe Ommer was awarded an Honorary Fellowship to the Royal Photographic Society for the impact of his lifetime of work. His other books include 1000 Families, Asian Ladies, Black Ladies, and Transit.
- Author(s)Uwe Ommer
- PublisherEdition Skylight
- Date of Publication01/04/2015
- LanguageEnglish & German
- Place of PublicationHombrechtikon
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintEdition Skylight
- Content Note380 colour photos
- Weight1566 g
- Width240 mm
- Height300 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.