All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionTroupe is an invator of form and tone who shifts quickly from a lofty, elegiac mode into burlesque or smoky, jazzed-down pop phraseology. -- Publishers Weekly Troupe's poems are exuberant and passionate outpourings with driving, syncopated rhythms and improvisatory riffs of colorful language. -- Star Tribune Coined with the French word errance (to wander) in mind, these poems rove through ancient Yoruba to the streets of Harlem to the tropical heat of Guadeloupe and emerge with a new vocabulary for the transformations of the physical, philosophical, and musical worlds. Kwn for his long, lyrical narrative poems and invocation of the oral tradition, Quincy Troupe captures the histories and deaths of Michael Jackson and Miles Davis, celebrating both their accomplishments and contradictions. This collection embraces the improvisation of a soul as it offers a paean to the possibilities of poetry.The author of eight volumes of poetry, Quincy Troupe has also collaborated with Chris Gardner on The Pursuit of Happyness, which was made into a major motion picture, and with Miles Davis on Miles: The Autobiography. His friendship with Miles Davis is chronicled in Miles and Me. Troupe has also recently published children's books on Magic Johnson and Stevie Wonder. He divides his time between New York and a countryside village in Guadeloupe.
- Author BiographyQuincy Troupe is the author of seven volumes of poetry including Transcircularities, Choruses, Avalanche, and The Architecture of Language. In addition to chronicling his friendship with Miles Davis in Miles and Me, Troupe has recently published children's books on Magic Johnson and Stevie Wonder. He divides his time between New York and a countryside village in Guadeloupe.
- Author(s)Quincy Troupe
- PublisherCoffee House Press
- Date of Publication24/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintCoffee House Press
- Weight227 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.