Erving Goffman: A Critical Introduction to Media and Communication Theory by Wendy Leeds-Hurwitz, Yves Winkin (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.79Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $76.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough Erving Goffman never claimed to be a media or communication scholar, his work is definitely relevant to, and has already served as a substantial resource for, those who are. This is the first detailed presentation and analysis of his life and work intended specifically for a communication audience. While primarily an introduction to Goffman's work, those already familiar with his ideas will also learn something new. In addition to summarizing Goffman's major concepts and his influence on other scholars, the book includes an intellectual biography, explication of his methods, and an example of how to extend his ideas. Readers are invited to consider Goffman as a lens through which to view much of the pattern evident in the social world. Goffman's work always appealed to the general public (several of his books became bestsellers), and so this book has implications for those who are interested in the role of media or communication in their own lives as well as those who study it professionally.
- Author BiographyYves Winkin is University Professor of Communication at the Ecole normale superieure of Lyon (ENSL), France, and Extraordinary Professor of Anthropology at the University of Liege, Belgium. His major books include Anthropologie de la communication (1996, translated into Spanish and Portuguese); Erving Goffman: les moments et leurs hommes (1988, translated into Spanish, Portuguese and Japanese); and La Nouvelle Communication (1981, translated into Greek, Spanish and Portuguese). His latest book is Vers une marche plaisir en ville: boite a outils pour augmenter le bonheur de marcher (2012, with Sonia Lavadinho). His MA is from the Annenberg School of Communication at the University of Pennsylvania; his PhD is from the University of Liege. Wendy Leeds-Hurwitz is Director of the Center for Intercultural Dialogue and Professor Emerita at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside. Among her books are: Learning Matters: The Transformation of US Higher Education (2012, with Peter Hoff), The Social History of Language and Social Interaction Research (2010), Socially Constructing Communication (2009, with Gloria Galanes), Wedding as Text (2002), Social Approaches to Communication (1995), Semiotics and Communication (1993), and Communication in Everyday Life (1989). Leeds-Hurwitz earned her MA and PhD degrees from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Wendy Leeds-Hurwitz,Yves Winkin
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication31/07/2013
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleA Critical Introduction to Media and Communication Theory
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight280 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.