All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionMarcos is a student of fine arts. When Jacobo Montes, the social artist of the hour, arrives in Murcia, he becomes his assistant and helps him set up his transgressive piece of art for the city. But Montes's methods border on the unacceptable, and when theory turns to practice, things run the risk of getting out of hand. Written with a sharp approach that brings to mind Philip Roth and Don DeLillo, and a meta-literary touch that recalls the work of Paul Auster or Enrique Vila-Matas, Escape Attempt reflects on some of the big topics of our contemporary world: modern art, immigration, globalization, and more-all in relation to justice, ethics, and life.
- Author BiographyMiguel Angel Hernandez Navarro (Murcia, Spain, 1977) is Associate Professor of Art History at University of Murcia and was formerly the director of the Centro de Documentacion y Estudios Avanzados de Arte Contemporaneo (CENDEAC). He focuses on antivisual art, contemporary art theory, migratory aesthetics and memory. He is author of several books on art and visual culture. As a fiction writer he has written a journal, a book of short stories and the novel Escape Attempt, shortlisted in the Premio Herralde de novela, and which has been translated into French, German, Italian, and Portuguese as well as English. He is currently a fellow of the Society for the Humanities at Cornell University.
- Author(s)Miguel Angel Hernandez
- PublisherHispabooks Publishing
- Date of Publication12/04/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMadrid
- Country of PublicationSpain
- ImprintHispabooks Publishing
- Weight408 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Translated byRhett McNeil
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.