All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionPeter Stevens was a German-Jewish refugee who escaped Nazi persecution as a teenager in 1933. He joined the RAF in 1939 and after eighteen months of pilot training he started flying bombing missions against his own country. He completed twenty-two missions before being shot down and taken prisoner by the Nazis in September 1941. To escape became his raison d'etre and his great advantage was that he was in his native country. He was recaptured after each of his several escapes, but the Nazis never realised his true identity. He took part in the logistics and planning of several major breakouts, including The Great Escape, but was never successful in getting back to England. After liberation, when the true nature of his exploits came to light, he was awarded the Military Cross. He then served as a British spy at the beginning of the Cold War before emigrating to Canada to resume a rmal life.This is the story of a heavily conflicted young man, alone in a world that is in the midst of destruction. He is afforded an opportunity to help his persecuted people to obtain a small measure of revenge. It is at once a sad yet uplifting tale of thankless and unheralded heroism.
- Author BiographySteve Tibbert is Senior Pastor at King's Church, Catford. He is also on the Newfrontiers UK Team and helps to oversee Newfrontiers churches in London and Surrey. He is married to Deb and they have three boys. Val Taylor is a staff team member at King s Church London and when asked by Steve Tibbert to collaborate with him in the writing of Good to Grow she became a surprised co-author! She is also a long-term member of a Poets Workshop under the auspices of Oxford University. Val is married to Mick and they have been in ministry in the UK since 1978.
- Author(s)Marc H. Stevens
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication21/07/2011
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Military
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.