About this product
- DescriptionCatch a ferry to the 1904 World's Fair with the orphans of Wanderville! The orphans of Wanderville have decided to never again let themselves be confused by adults offering them shiny red apples and warm beds. They re going to make their way to California and establish a more permanent spot for Wanderville. But when they re suddenly left without means of transportation, the orphans must find a new way of getting to their town. Enter a dandy motorist with a proposition: If the orphans agree to take a mysterious artifact to the 1904 St. Louis World s Fair on his behalf, they will receive a handsome reward that will allow them to book passage west. The citizens of Wanderville conclude that this is their best bet. What they don t realize, however, is just how treacherous the journey to the fair will be and how much they will need to sacrifice to finally find themselves a new home.
- Author BiographyWendy McClure is the author of The Wilder Life: My Adventures in the Lost of World of Little House on the Prairie and several other books for adults and children. She is a senior editor at Albert Whitman and Company, where her recent projects include books in the Boxcar Children series. She received an MFA from the Iowa Writer s Workshop and has been a contributor to the New York Times Magazine and This American Life. She lives in Chicago with her husband. Visit her online at WendyMcClure.net and follow her on Twitter @Wendy_Mc.
- Author(s)Wendy McClure
- Date of Publication16/06/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleWanderville
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight272 g
- Width135 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.