All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublished by CUSTOM BOOK PUBLICATIONS ---- In 1851, gold is discovered in Australia... In China a different scenario is being enacted. A young man and his sister are escaping the Triad, crossing old and decaying roofs, hiding in alleys... but it is t eugh. With his sister killed in front of his eyes, My Li picks up a fallen ring and flees. Pursued relentlessly, he eventually realises he has a Triad talisman of value. Planning to depart for the goldfields to elude his would-be assassins, My Li is befriended by an elderly Chinese who decides to accompany and guide the young man. Soon bound for the Great South Land, they are followed closely by the Red Pole assassins sent to retrieve their ring and kill My Li ... Although a journey of suffering and prejudice, heartbreak and horror, their Chinese pride remains unbroken ...
- Author BiographyTHE AUTHOR Jeremy Gadd is a graduate of the Australian National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) and has worked in professional theatre in Australia and the UK as an actor, administrator, producer and playwright. He now lives and writes in an old Federation style house overlooking Botany Bay, the birthplace of modern Australia. He has travelled extensively internationally and around Australia, including several trips to outback areas such as the Gulf country, the Northern Territory and The Kimberley region. These journeys have provided him with the inspiration and material for much of his writing. The Author has a long publishing history including articles in periodicals such as The New York Review of the Performing Arts, Dogwatch, the Journal of the Shiplovers' Society of Australia and Blast magazine; some 200 poems in newspapers, periodicals and literary magazines in Australia, USA, UK, New Zealand, Germany and India in The Sydney Morning Herald, The Australian, The Courier-Mail, The Newcastle Herald, The West Australian, Poetry Wales, Poetry New Zealand, The Salzburg Review, Nation Review, NSW School Magazine, Billy Blue Magazine & The Journal of Australian Literature; many short stories in magazines such as Quadrant, The Western Review, The NSW School Magazine and Town and Country Farmer, The West Australian & The Artist's Chronicle. Books include the original edition of Escaping the Triad - first published in 1998; Twenty Six Poems in 2000, '... a distinctive, confident voice', James Charlton, Poetry Editor; Country - a selection of previously published short stories, 2008; a volume of Selected Poems and the The Suicide Season - a novel about wildlife smuggling set in the tropical north of Australia, are to be published by Australian Scholarly Publishing, Melbourne, and BDA Books, Sydney, respectively in 2013.
- Author(s)Jeremy Gadd
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication06/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.83Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.