All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis book addresses how to explore, generate and control energies t usually available to humans. 190 photographs and step-by-step instruction in two of the most influential and powerful training systems ever handed down: Shipalohanshou/18 Methods of the Enlightened Ones and Yijinjing/Muscle-Sinew Changing. It offers integrated training for those who wish to do the work of improving cerebral functions, coming to full understanding of the human experience, and maintaining multi-level health. It is based on the training methods from ancient India and China, as experienced by the founder of Chan/Zen Buddhism, Bodhidharma (Tamo) as he grew into adulthood and spiritual maturity. The Patriarch of Zen was considered a dangerous rebel by the status quo, and for good reason: his approach to human development rejected authority outside of oneself, including scripture and officials. Officials/Intellectuals within the Buddhist hierarchy have always had a hard time with Tamo's methods of direct pointing. This training information has been suppressed by almost the entire Zen hierarchy of Japan, USA and Europe. It is only because of the fringe members of the spiritual family, i.e. martial artists, that this information has been worked with and preserved. Includes extensive historical perspectives and cultural commentary. This is for both the thinking martial artist as well as the artist of life!
- Author BiographyEdward Orem's mind-body studies began in 1964 and have included such diverse disciplines as Burmese kick-boxing, Shaolin Boxing, Hatha yoga, Kuang Ping T'ai-chi Ch'uan, Tantra yoga, Hsing-I Ch'uan, Kundalini Yoga, Pa Kua Chang, Chuan Fa, Tao Gah Chi Kung. His qualifications include B.A. in English, 8th Degree Black Belt (Zen Kempo-jitsu), 10th Degree Black Sash (Ch'uan Fa Kenpo), Certifications include Instructor of Tai-chi Chuan and Kung Fu. He was appointed to the Board of Directors, International Chinese Boxing Association, and served 2006-2011. He has studied at American University, Georgetown University, California State University (Arcata), Nyingma Institute of Tibetan Studies, Chi-Kung Institute, and with 10 martial arts masters. Mr. Orem has taught privately in Wash., DC, Senegal, Guatemala, British Columbia, San Francisco, and Costa Rica, as well as through service organizations in a small mountain community. He has written, produced and performed in 30 training videos in the fields of natural health and fitness, martial arts, and has written several training manuals, as well as feature articles for a popular on-line martial arts magazine. He was a regular consultant in stress reduction and instructor in exercise therapies with the Pitt River Indian Health Service, in northern California and has been Guest Lecturer at a community hospital, as well as Instructor at Central Oregon Community College. Workshops in various disciplines have been given in California, Oregon, and Florida. Mr. Orem offers private consultation in longevity arts, and teaches T'ai-chi Ch'uan, Shaolin Temple Boxing, and Chi Kung through CenterPoint Integral Mind-Body Training, Costa Rica. Contact Mr. Orem through website at: http: //CenterPointEnergy.tripod.com Special attention and training: Golden Phoenix Rising (for mature athletes) and Shaolin High (ages 12-14 eligible).
- Author(s)Edward Orem
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication21/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.