Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis evocative collection of photographs charting life in the Costas from the late 1960,s to 2015 is a mix of Sun, Sea, Fiestas and Fear.The transformation of the area is vividly illustrated through these images.From Spanish fishermen going about their daily routine in the 60's to the brash night life of today, Ex-Pats, Locals and Tourists - these photographs chart the changing face of the area and its effect on Spanish life.
- Author BiographyJurgen Schadeberg was born in Berlin in 1931 and, while still in his teens, worked as an apprentice photographer for a German Press Agency in Hamburg. In 1950 he emigrated to South Africa and became Chief Photographer, Picture Editor and Art Director on Drum Magazine.It was during this time that Jurgen photographed pivotal moments in the lives of South Africans in the fifties. These photographs represent the life and struggle of South Africans during Apartheid and include important figures in South Africa's history such as Nelson Mandela, Moroka, Walter Sisulu, Yusuf Dadoo, Huddleston and many others who have been documented at key moments such as during The Defiance Campaign of 1952, The Treason Trial of 1958, The Sophiatown Removals and the Sharpeville Funeral in 1960. His images also capture key personalities and events in the jazz and literary world such as the Sophiatown jazz scene with Dolly Rathebe, Miriam Makeba, Hugh Masekela and Kippie Moeketsi. In 1964 Jurgen left South Africa for London and during the sixties and seventies freelanced as a photojournalist in Europe and America for various prestigious magazines. He also taught at the New School in New York, the Central School of Art & Design in London and the Hoch Kunst School in Hamburg.
- Author(s)Jurgen Schadeberg
- PublisherPagina Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication07/01/2016
- Place of PublicationGoch
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPagina Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteOver 200 colour & mono photographs
- Width268 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.