CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionNew Orleans is one of America's richest architectural possessions. . . . These architecture books lay a solid foundation in the field, are a great gift to general historians, and, as the authors hoped, have contributed immeasurably to the maintenance of extant architectural treasures. -The New Republic Here is the award-winning history of the entire length of one street from the Mississippi River to Bayou St. John in paperback format. New Orleans Architecture Volume V: The Esplanade Ridge, compiled by the Friends of the Cabildo, a leading preservation organization, focuses on the unified type of architecture along the 3.3-mile length of majestic Esplanade Avenue. The Esplanade represents a treasure-trove of nineteenth-century architecture, with every decade of the 1800s represented in this work. Included are French-colonial and Creole homes, American-style frame and brick townhouses, Louisiana plantation types, as well as Italianate Victorian, Second Empire, Edwardian, Mission, and City Beautiful styles. Almost two hundred houses on the Esplanade were constructed prior to 1900, and all but five of the avenue's blocks still contain historically important structures. More than 350 photographs, paintings, and sketches, many of them from archival sources, are reproduced, along with a large map of Esplanade Avenue. The New Orleans Architecture Series consists of Volume I: The Lower Garden District, Volume II: The American Sector, Volume III: The Cemeteries, Volume IV: The Creole Faubourgs, Volume V: The Esplanade Ridge, Volume VI: Faubourg Treme and the Bayou Road, Volume VII: Jefferson City, and Volume VIII: The University Section, all available from Pelican.
- Author(s)M.L. Christovich,etc.
- PublisherPelican Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/12/1995
- Series TitleNew Orleans Architecture S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 5
- Place of PublicationGretna, LA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPelican Publishing Co
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight770 g
- Width230 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.