All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEssays on Mind and Sentiment is a philosophy text, accessibly written (because it is as much a personal analysis, as it is an academic endeavour), which brings major philosophical issues to the attention of general readers as well as students of philosophy. The author himself, was a student of philosophy some thirty years ago, and has had the benefit of debating these issues with leaders in that field of study. The Essays is a personal analysis of some of the cornerstones of modern Western philosophy, namely, language and reification, the nature of truth, time and causation, mind and kwledge, and that frequently misunderstood but popular issue kwn as freedom of will. That comprises the subject matter of Part I of this book. Part II is the author's analysis of religious sentiment and morality, and covers areas such as the nature of religious dogma, and of god-head; as well as the ethical and quasi-ethical concepts often associated with the better kwn religions, and their antitheses, namely, altruism and selfishness, aggression and gentleness, pride and humility, justice and injustice. The book does t aim to be polemical in intent, but seeks rather to elicit discussion.
- Author(s)Edmund Karani
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/2013
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.