All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume brings together distinguished philosophers with interdisciplinary expertise to show how the resources of philosophy can be employed in the tasks of evaluating ecomics and fostering policy debates. Contributors offer analyses of basic ideas in ecomics, such as the tion of efficiency, ecomic man , incentives, self-interest, and utility maximization. They discuss key concepts in political theory such as desert, compensation, automy, equality, consent or fairness. The book then offers examples of how philosophical resources can be applied to specific, timely debates, such as discrimination, affirmative action, and ethical considerations in Social Security. These applications demonstrate how philosophy, politics, and ecomics can be fruitfully combined, while the more theoretical chapters clarify fundamental relationships across these related disciplines. Ultimately, the text guides students and scholars in expanding their perspectives as they approach the necessarily complex research questions of today and tomorrow.
- Author BiographyGerald F. Gaus is James E. Rogers Professor of Philosophy at The University of Arizona; he is the author of On Philosophy, Politics, and Economics (2008). Christi Favor is Lecturer at the Queensland University of Technology's Center for Ethics. Julian Lamont is Lecturer in the Philosophy Department at the University of Queensland.
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication17/05/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleStanford Economics and Finance
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Content Note1 table, 3 figures
- Weight635 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byChristi Favor,Dr. Julian Lamont,Gerald F. Gaus
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.