All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title helps you spend more time cycling and spend less on repairs. In Essential Bicycle Maintenance & Repair , Daimeon Shanks shares his expertise as a bicycle mechanic and teaches cyclists how to maintain and repair their bikes with minimal investment in specialized tools. Written for the DIY enthusiast, t the professional mechanic, the book takes a straightforward approach to cycling's most common repairs. Numbered step-by-step instructions and close-up photo sequences accompany each repair, making them easy to follow and implement. Information on choosing the best frame, selecting tyres and understanding types of brakes is presented along with instructions on installing caliper, cantilever and V-brakes. Readers also have access to a quick reference that lists the most common problems, including troubleshooting shifting and derailleurs, and suggested appropriate repairs. Essential Bicycle Maintenance & Repair is an essential resource for any cyclist and will ensure more time is spent riding and less time and money are spent on repairs.
- Author BiographyDaimeon Shanks has two decades of experience in cycling and has worked as a professional mechanic in every discipline of the sport, including mountain, track, road and cyclocross. His work experience includes being the head track mechanic for the U.S. national team and as the resident mechanic at the U.S. Olympic Training Centre. He also spent five years as a mechanic with the Garmin Transitions ProTour cycling team, working events such as the Grand Tours of Europe, the pinnacle of road cycling.
- Author(s)Daimeon Shanks
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note441 black & white halftones
- Weight617 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.