All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA well placed kick can mean the difference between victory and defeat in a fight! This illustrated guide to martial arts kicks provides the reader with a wealth of information on 89 different types of kicks from various styles. This martial arts book features kicks from Karate, Muay Thai, Taekwondo, Kung Fu, Kempo, Capoeira, Jeet Kune Do, and more. In a self defense situation there is room for defeat. Readers will learn how to unleash a devastating barrage of kicks to throw their opponents off guard and leave every match in victory. The Essential Book of Martial Arts Kicks has one purpose: to help readers hone their kicking proficiency so that they can readily deploy the most powerful tool in the fighter's repertoire. It contains contains thousands of photos and diagrams to show readers exactly how to perform all of the 89 kicks inside this book. This encyclopedic reference is the first of its kind to present the entire range of basic martial arts kicks. Packed with full colour photos, detailed diagrams and a companion DVD featuring 50 of the most powerful kicks, this book is required reading for every martial artist who wants to sharpen and expand their kicking skills. With the Essential Book of Martial Arts Kicks you'll learn about: Front Kicks Side Kicks Roundhouse Kicks Back Kicks Hook Kicks Crescent Kicks and many more!
- Author BiographyMarc De Bremaeker has been involved in martial arts for over forty-five years. Once a successful competitor renowned for flashy kicking, he has since been teaching and doing research into the common root and principles uniting martial arts. He holds black belts in several forms of martial arts. Roy Faige is currently the head of the Shi Heun style founded by his late father. He was a fierce competitor with numerous international tournament titles to his name, and held the positions of captain and then coach for the Israeli national team for more than ten years. Roy is also an officer in one of the most elite commando units of the Israeli Army.
- Author(s)Marc de Bremaeker,Roy Faige
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication03/11/2016
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Content Note500 colour photos, 1,500 diagrams
- Weight1157 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.