All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe field of toxicogemics is moving rapidly, so it is impossible at the timeofthiswritingtocompileaclassicmethodstextbook.Instead,wechose to identify experts in all aspects of this field and challenged them to write reviews, opinion pieces, and case studies. This book covers the main areas important to the study and use of toxicogemics. Chapter 1 speaks to the convergenceofclassicapproachesalongsidetoxicogemics.Chapter2deals withtheusefulnessoftoxicogemicstoidentifythemechanismoftoxicity. Chapter3callsattentiontotheissuesthataffectthequalityoftoxicogemics experiments, as well as the implications of using microarrays as diagstic devices. The need for appropriate statistical approaches to gemic data is discussed in Chapter 4, and Chapters 5 and 6 describe the use of gemic datatobuildtoxicogemicmodelsandprovideinsightsfromtheapproaches oftwocompanies.Theimportanttopicofstoringthedatageneratedinsuch experiments and the correct antation that must accompany such data is considered in Chapter 7. The discussion in Chapter 8 speaks to the use of toxicogemicstoidentifyspeciessimilaritiesanddifferences.Chapters9and 10dealwiththeuseofgemicstoidentifybiomarkerswithinthepreclinical andclinicalarenas. Biomarkerswillonlybeusefulifthecommunityatlarge acceptsthemasmeaningful.Consortiaareimportanttodrivethisfunction,and Chapter11discussescurrenteffortsinthisarea.Lastbuttleast,Chapter12 presentsaperspectiveontheregulatoryimplicationsoftoxicogemicdataand someofthehurdlesthatcanbeseeninitsimplicationinGLPstudies.Although thisbooktendstofocusonpharmaceuticals,theissuesfacingtoxicologyare sharedbythechemicalmanufacturers,thetobaccoindustry,andtheirregulators. We want to thank our contributors for their generous time and energy in providingtheirinsights.Sadly,wemusttetheunexpectedpassingofone ofourauthors,Dr.JosephHackettoftheFDA.Joe'scontributionservesasa testimonytohisaccomplishmentsinthisfield,andhisinsightwillbemissed intheyearstocome.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication30/05/2008
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note22 black & white tables, biography
- Weight597 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byDonna L. Mendrick
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.