Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $158.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $263.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe field of toxicogemics is moving rapidly, so it is impossible at the timeofthiswritingtocompileaclassicmethodstextbook.Instead,wechose to identify experts in all aspects of this field and challenged them to write reviews, opinion pieces, and case studies. This book covers the main areas important to the study and use of toxicogemics. Chapter 1 speaks to the convergenceofclassicapproachesalongsidetoxicogemics.Chapter2deals withtheusefulnessoftoxicogemicstoidentifythemechanismoftoxicity. Chapter3callsattentiontotheissuesthataffectthequalityoftoxicogemics experiments, as well as the implications of using microarrays as diagstic devices. The need for appropriate statistical approaches to gemic data is discussed in Chapter 4, and Chapters 5 and 6 describe the use of gemic datatobuildtoxicogemicmodelsandprovideinsightsfromtheapproaches oftwocompanies.Theimportanttopicofstoringthedatageneratedinsuch experiments and the correct antation that must accompany such data is considered in Chapter 7. The discussion in Chapter 8 speaks to the use of toxicogemicstoidentifyspeciessimilaritiesanddifferences.Chapters9and 10dealwiththeuseofgemicstoidentifybiomarkerswithinthepreclinical andclinicalarenas. Biomarkerswillonlybeusefulifthecommunityatlarge acceptsthemasmeaningful.Consortiaareimportanttodrivethisfunction,and Chapter11discussescurrenteffortsinthisarea.Lastbuttleast,Chapter12 presentsaperspectiveontheregulatoryimplicationsoftoxicogemicdataand someofthehurdlesthatcanbeseeninitsimplicationinGLPstudies.Although thisbooktendstofocusonpharmaceuticals,theissuesfacingtoxicologyare sharedbythechemicalmanufacturers,thetobaccoindustry,andtheirregulators. We want to thank our contributors for their generous time and energy in providingtheirinsights.Sadly,wemusttetheunexpectedpassingofone ofourauthors,Dr.JosephHackettoftheFDA.Joe'scontributionservesasa testimonytohisaccomplishmentsinthisfield,andhisinsightwillbemissed intheyearstocome.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number460
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note22 black & white tables, biography
- Weight511 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDonna L. Mendrick,William B. Mattes
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2008
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.