Essential Environment: The Science Behind the Stories Plus Masteringenvironmentalscience with Etext -- Access Card Package by Jay H Withgott, Matthew Laposata (Mixed media product, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $269.73Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $264.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that youselect the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are t transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products. Packages Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may t be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase. Used or rental books If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code. Access codes Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.#1 best-selling Environmental Science text and media package is w even better! Essential Environment: The Science behind the Stories, Fifth Edition engages students using current, integrated case studies that provide a context for understanding science and environmental concerns in a brief, 18-chapter text. Jay Withgott and Matt Laposata present the latest understanding of environmental science along with expanded FAQ discussions that address common student misconceptions and with new Data Analysis questions that build quantitative literacy. MasteringEnvironmentalScience(r)with eText is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment product that improves results by helping students quickly master concepts both in and outside the classroom. MasteringEnvironmentalScience incorporates activities written by the authors, so your students will arrive better prepared for class. The book and MasteringEnvironmentalScience work together to create a classroom experience that makes teaching and learning more efficient and enjoyable.
- Author BiographyJay H. Withgott Jay H. Withgott has authored Essential Environment and its parent volume, Environment: The Science behind the Stories, since their inception. In dedicating himself to these books, he works to keep abreast of a diverse and rapidly changing field and continually seeks to develop new and better ways to help today s students learn environmental science. As a researcher, Jay has published papers in ecology, evolution, animal behavior, and conservation biology in journals ranging from Evolution to Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. As an instructor, he has taught university lab courses in ecology and other disciplines. As a science writer, Jay has authored articles for journals and magazines including Science, New Scientist, BioScience, Smithsonian, and Natural History. By combining his scientific training with prior experience as a newspaper reporter and editor, he strives to make science accessible and engaging for general audiences. Jay holds degrees from Yale University, the University of Arkansas, and the University of Arizona. Jay lives with his wife, biologist Susan Masta, in Portland, Oregon.Matthew M. Laposata Matthew M. Laposata is a professor of environmental science at Kennesaw State University (KSU). He holds a bachelor's degree in biology education from Indiana University of Pennsylvania, a masters in biology from Bowling Green State University, and a doctorate in ecology from The Pennsylvania State University. Matt is the coordinator of KSU's two-semester, general education science sequence Science, Society, and the Environment which enrolls roughly 7,000 students a year. He focuses exclusively on introductory environmental science courses, and has enjoyed teaching and interacting with thousands of non-science majors during his career. He is an active scholar in environmental science education and has received grants from state, federal, and private sources to develop and evaluate innovative curricular materials. His scholarly work has received numerous awards, including the Georgia Board of Regents' highest award for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning. He resides in suburban Atlanta with his wife Lisa, and children Lauren, Cameron, and Saffron.
- Author(s)Jay H Withgott,Matthew Laposata
- Date of Publication19/11/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight930 g
- Width226 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback / softback
- Edition Statement5th
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.