All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEssential Evidence-Based Medicine teaches the principles of research study methodology and design so that the reader can become better at critically analysing scientific and clinical studies. It describes the basic elements needed to understand biostatistics and epidemiology as applied to health care studies, and how to become a more discriminating reader of the medical literature by adopting the skills of critical appraisal. This new edition is extensively edited and updated, and includes two entirely new chapters on critical appraisal of qualitative research and communicating risks and evidence to patients. The text is geared towards the new learner, and assumes little clinical experience, starting with the basic principles of critical appraisal. A CD-ROM accompanies the book to enable students to test their learning through a series of questions, with answers provided. This is an ideal introductory text for medical students, health sciences students and a wide range of other healthcare professionals.
- Author BiographyDan Mayer is Professor of Emergency Medicine, Albany Medical College, New York, USA.
- Author(s)Dan Mayer
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/11/2009
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note45 tables
- Weight1300 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Other
- AU $28.28Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $20.02
- AU $12.54Trending at AU $12.91
- AU $18.01Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $15.00Trending at AU $26.02
- AU $21.99Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $16.36Trending at AU $17.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.