Essential Health Benefits: Balancing Coverage and Cost by Board on Health Care Services, Institute of Medicine, Committee on Defining and Revising an Essential Health Benefits Package for Qualified Health Plans (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2010, an estimated 50 million people were uninsured in the United States. A portion of the uninsured reflects unemployment rates; however, this rate is primarily a reflection of the fact that when most health plans meet an individual's needs, most times, those health plans are t affordable. Research shows that people without health insurance are more likely to experience financial burdens associated with the utilization of health care services. But even among the insured, underinsurance has emerged as a barrier to care. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) has made the most comprehensive changes to the provision of health insurance since the development of Medicare and Medicaid by requiring all Americans to have health insurance by 2016. An estimated 30 million individuals who would otherwise be uninsured are expected to obtain insurance through the private health insurance market or state expansion of Medicaid programs. The success of the ACA depends on the design of the essential health benefits (EHB) package and its affordability. Essential Health Benefits recommends a process for defining, monitoring, and updating the EHB package. The book is of value to Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (ASPE) and other U.S. Department of Health and Human Services agencies, state insurance agencies, Congress, state goverrs, health care providers, and consumer advocates.
- Author(s)Board on Health Care Services,Committee on Defining and Revising an Essential Health Benefits Package for Qualified Health Plans,Institute of Medicine
- PublisherNational Academies Press
- Date of Publication31/12/2011
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Academies Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byCheryl Ulmer,Elizabeth A. McGlynn,John Ball,Shadia Bel Hamdounia
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.81Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.