Essential Interviewing and Counseling Skills: An Integrated Approach to Practice by Tracy Prout, Melanie Wadkins (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $128.25Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booktopia_australia
- Est. delivery by 15 Feb
- AU $228.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the only comprehensive text to focus on the development of practical interviewing and counselling skills for Master's-level mental health counselling students. It is structured around the goals established by the CACREP's 2009 document on standards for MHC programmes and uniquely encompasses both theory and practise from the perspectives of a diverse array of theoretical schools and practise strategies. The text emphasises the importance of multicultural facets of interviewing and counselling throughout, challenging students to examine their own backgrounds and biases as they develop professionally. The book's hands-on guidance regarding interviewing and counselling skills, along with its embrace of different therapeutic modalities, will enable students to learn how to provide care to clients that is tailored to their specific needs. The text eschews a microskills approach, which can limit understanding of a patient's problems, in favour of one that rests on a strong theoretical foundation, an emphasis on cognition and affect and consideration of multicultural diversity. Each chapter includes a highlighted section that draws students' attention to topics related to diversity and strategies for working with clients from a variety of populations. Issues related to race, ethnicity, immigration and country of origin are highlighted along with age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, language and physical and cognitive abilities. The use of case examples from multiple theoretical orientations offers a realistic view of what actually occurs in a consulting room. The book also addresses working with clients who have serious emotional or psychological difficulties and covers evidenced-based practise, assessment, diagsis and when and how to terminate treatment. An instructor's guide and PowerPoint slides are also included.
- Author BiographyTracy A. Prout, PhD, is Assistant Professor of Psychology at the College of Mount Saint Vincent and a licensed psychologist with a clinical practise in New York City. She has provided training on psychodynamic psychotherapy techniques and integrating spirituality into clinical practise for clinical professionals from many disciplines including psychiatry residents, psychology interns and practising psychiatrists, psychologists and social workers. She has published peer-reviewed articles on the role of religion and spirituality in the lives of those with mental illness and the role of spirituality in pedagogy. A former Fellow of the American Psychoanalytic Association, Dr. Prout has completed advanced research training with the International Psychoanalytic Association at the Anna Freud Centre in London and at the Yale University Child Study Center. She is the recipient of the Dennis J. Enright Award for Excellence in Teaching and grant funding from the Psychoanalysis and the Academy Committee of the American Psychoanalytic Association. Melanie W. Moretz, PhD, is Assistant Professor of Psychology at Yeshiva University in the Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology. She is on faculty of the combined School/Clinical Child Psychology programme and provides training to doctoral students in evidence-based interventions and cognitive assessment. She is also Senior Psychologist at the Institute for Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Research in White Plains, NY. Dr. Moretz's research focuses primarily on anxiety and related disorders. Specifically, she is interested in the basic emotion of disgust and its relationship to the maintenance and development of anxiety disorders, as well as the evidence-based treatment of anxiety. She has presented her work at national and international conferences and it has been published in a range of books and peer-reviewed journals. She is an active member in the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies. In addition, she has expertise in psychoeducational assessment and consultation, as well as in treating individuals with anxiety and mood disorders.
- Author(s)Melanie Wadkins,Tracy Prout
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/03/2014
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight798 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.